Lockbolts are useful for manufacturing and construction applications in which there is heavy vibration because they will not shake loose. They are tougher than rivets or screw joints.
The swaged locking collar is what gives lock bolts their lasting strength and performance.
A lockbolt consists of two pieces, a pin, and a collar. They can be installed in place of nuts and bolts or rivets, but with greater strength than a rivet or bolt and without the need for additional pieces such as cotter pins or lock washers to secure them in place. The swaged collar forms a tight and permanent bond with the circular grooves of the bolt itself.
Key features and benefits:
- High strength, high-speed assembly
- High shear and tensile strength
- Excellent vibration resistance
- Consistent, high performance
- Robust and rugged installation tools
- Fasten metal to metal.
- Used in construction, bridge building, commercial vehicles, fencing, mining, railways, and reefer cool and dry freight containers.