Tension Control Bolts Ltd are:
• High strength structural bolting assemblies for preloading, System HRC
• Property class 10.9/10
• Manufactured in accordance with EN 14399-10
• Supplied with superior corrosion protection.
TCBs are replacing High strength friction grip (HSFG) bolts because they are quick and easy to install using lightweight electric shear wrenches.
PROPERTIES OF TENSION CONTROL BOLTS
• Tension Control Bolts come with a fiction grip connection, any slippage is prevented.
• In designs where fatigue is a crucial consideration, preloaded bolts like TC bolts are recommended. Due to heavy preload, the tension across the structure is evenly distributed.
• If installed correctly, TC bolts are extremely adept at handling vibrations and ensure that the structure is not loosened. This is once again, due to the preload with which these bolts come in.
• In structures which involve swaying movement of heavyweights like cranes, preloaded TC bolts prevent the impact of load reversals. It ensures that the structure is sturdy and doesn’t loosen or disintegrate.
BENEFITS OF USING TENSION CONTROL BOLTS4
• Higher grade steel and increased pre-load facilitates the use of smaller diameter bolts
• The bolts are extremely easy to install and requires only one person.
• TCBs can be used in Shear and Tension
• Reduced operator fatigue.
• Does not require heavy calibrated torque wrenches.
• “Visual inspection” of the calibrated preload controlled by the torsional break at the of the outer spline end of the bolt, precisely calibrated.
• No bolt relaxation since no torsional shear is induced during tightening
• Does not loosen with vibration – no locknut required.